Advise on fairing for 750 Spirit?? - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-19-2017, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Model: Spirit 750 C2
Year: 2007
Advise on fairing for 750 Spirit??

Looking to get some wind off my chest at highway speeds and saw very inexpensive cafe racer fairing on ebay that can be mounted on Spirit 750 with simple self made brackets.

Do anyone have experience with it and will it look well on our bikes? Picture of it attached.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cafe racer.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	224913  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 12:12 AM

Garage
It would probably look ok, but wouldn't do a damned thing to stop wind on your chest. To do that you need a big, ugly windshield if you're gonna block any air.

http://2007 Shadow Spirit VT750C2, Ride bell by h13man, Ride cross by Capt D
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-20-2017, 07:53 AM

Garage
@sidejam has something similar on his bike. I'm sure he can comment on any wind deflection.

Sitting on my Shadow making vroom vroom noises.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/mem...front-tire.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey" - Jan 2017 BOTM - Sold Oct 2018

2008 VTX 1300T - Oct 2018 Co-BOTM

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:28 AM

Something that small will make some difference, but probably very little. If you're looking for something that will deflect a bit of the air upwards, but still small and cost effective, look at the National Cycle Flyscreen.

National Cycle Flyscreen

Or, get the eBay knock-off (which as far as I can tell, is the exact same):
eBay Flyscreen

With either of those, all brackets and hardware is included and installation is pretty easy. And, you can adjust it by rotating it forward or backward to get the desired effect.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 08:29 AM

Model: Spirit 750
Year: 2003
I find just a windshield to be worse than nothing. It creates a turbulent zone between your chest and windshield that has the effect of ragdolling your head and body at high speeds. To get true wind protection you need a full fairing with lowers to block the wind coming up from below - see Goldwing.

If my future self hasn't come back in time to stop me yet. I must be on the right track.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 10:11 AM

Model: Spirit 750 VT750DC
Year: 2003
Garage
A small flyscreen/windscreen might be able to take the pressure off your chest, but it will also push that pressure up to your head, and as @S01-7700 said, it will make your head bobble MORE, instead of less. As @smilie said, the ONLY sure way to keep the wind off you is to get a big windshield with lowers. If you want, I have a smoke Spitfire windshield which is a bit bigger than the flyscreen @sidejam suggested, but not as big as a regular windshield, and I'd let you have it for $30 + shipping. The reason I took it off, though, is that my head was pushed around more, though it did keep me from having to hold on for dear life to stay on the bike, which made that part of the rider better.

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Ride Bells by blue flames & shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
'13 Harley Dyna Super Glide (FXDC)
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 01:54 PM

With the small windscreen, you should be able to direct the air under your helmet but off most of your chest. Being smaller, it's only going to deflect some air. I really dislike full size windscreens because they have all the dynamic grace of a barn door.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 02:46 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidejam View Post
With the small windscreen, you should be able to direct the air under your helmet but off most of your chest. Being smaller, it's only going to deflect some air. I really dislike full size windscreens because they have all the dynamic grace of a barn door.
Tell me about dynamic grace after you've ridden through a swarm of thousands of Japanese beetles at speed without that barn door. Now if you carry a full body squeegee, you're good.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smilie View Post
Tell me about dynamic grace after you've ridden through a swarm of thousands of Japanese beetles at speed without that barn door. Now if you carry a full body squeegee, you're good.
Thankfully, I've never ridden in Japan!
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-21-2017, 07:53 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidejam View Post
Thankfully, I've never ridden in Japan!
Neither have I. There an invasive species and prevalent pest here in the Midwest.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page