Other passions - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-02-2018, 11:31 PM Thread Starter

Model: VT1100C
Year: 1993
I wanted to reach out to see what other passions you folks have. I personally enjoy jeeping as well as hitting the highway on 2 wheels. Also I love working with dogs. I have 2 rescued dogs and would have more if I had the room. But since I don't I pitch in at a couple of local rescue groups.
Winter time is project time for me. I keep myself busy in the garage from about November to April turning wrenches on some kind of a project.
Cheers.

1993 Shadow VT1100C
Mods forthcoming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 12:19 AM
bd*

Model: Shadow Spirit 750
Year: 2001
Garage
Welcome aboard MtnDweller, My other love,s beside my wife and my bike is GOLF. I absolutely love playing and watching GOLF !

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bob at the Open 2017.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	94.8 KB
ID:	256414   Click image for larger version

Name:	Chelmsford C.C..jpg
Size:	141.5 KB
ID:	256416  

The wife and I on My, 2001 Shadow Spirit

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 07:24 AM

Garage
Welcome to the forum.

My other passion is snowmobiling.

Sitting on my Shadow making Vroom Vroom noises.

https://image.ibb.co/bzfLWx/IMG_2427.jpg

2006 Shadow Aero 750, "Audrey" - Jan 2017 BOTM - Sold Oct 2018

2008 VTX 1300T - Oct 2018 Co-BOTM

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 10:11 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bd* View Post
Welcome aboard MtnDweller, My other love,s beside my wife and my bike is GOLF. I absolutely love playing and watching GOLF !
Golf has never been a strong suit for me. I end up [laying a game more like "Whack the Ball". I respect you guys that can play it well. it's much harder than it looks

Quote:
Originally Posted by smurfy71 View Post
Welcome to the forum.

My other passion is snowmobiling.

Sitting on my Shadow making Vroom Vroom noises.

https://image.ibb.co/bzfLWx/IMG_2427.jpg
Ahh yes! fun wintertime hobby.

Last edited by MtnDweller; 08-03-2018 at 10:46 AM.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 11:28 AM

My other passions would be my old cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 01:06 PM

I love dogs! Only have one due to renting, but shes already such a handful being a Border Collie Cattle Dog blend. A truly intelligent high strung little mutt. As far as passions go, bikes are my hobby. I have 4 Hondas currently, my main bike (currently down for season) is a 85 VF700C Magna, painted baby sky blue, a 1980 CB750F that was destined for scrap but I saw a shameless cafe chop in it so I got it for $180. A complete ground up rebuild using lots of the factory parts and some custom fabrication, its a streetfighter cafe brat scrambler blend. Also my very first 100% engine disassembly and rebuild.
Currently delayed due to other projects. I also got a 81 XL185 for $400 that needed a camshaft and timing advance plate, so about 100 bucks and a weekend later it was pulling wheelies on me. Since the Magna 2nd gear broke on me (my second one!) I needed a good reliable bike that no matter what I could count on, so I got an 05 Shadow Aero 750 for a ridiculous deal because the lady was absolutely convinced the clutch was bad, I just aired up the tires and gassed the tank before riding home and its been mostly trouble free. Currently down due to bad petcock and airbox was broken by PO stuffing the wrong filter in it. Also have new jets to properly tune the open pipes. Awaiting parts in mail.

Besides the bikes I am also a Jeeper, I have two XJ Cherokees. My main one is painted flat desert tan and is a manual 93 on stock suspension including front and rear sway. Its a quick one with tons of nice new performance parts.

My main project taking precedence over all projects is a 98 XJ Classic that I got for a steal of a deal with super low miles and ZERO rust. I couldnt believe my eyes when I rolled underneath to inspect. This ones an auto trans and full tow package so it came with the 8.25 stock and a better hitch reciever. I have a full basement of parts ready to go, short arm 3" lift, stabilizer, 3.5" procomp leafs, 31" tires on offset wheels, complete engine tune up kit, racing header (came out of my 93 and was re welded by myself and my Hobart), valvecover gasket, oil pan gasket, and rear main seal. Among that I also have a new stereo from Pioneer, and have had to go through tons of wiring to fix the windows, door locks (still in progress), and will end up putting in a keyless with remote start. Last thing is to sand the body and apply a Monstaliner flat black roll on bedliner kit to the whole exterior so it will last forever with hella good durability. Gotta get it running and registerable by November.

My main squeeze and profession is brewing. I brew beer for a small pub in Salt Lake and brew at home for special occasions. Very very rewarding if you can imagine.

Besides that I play some vidya games, and electric guitar. Been in a few bands in the past but its been about 5 years since I stayed serious. Metal, blues and reggae. I shoot guns and reload ammunition for them as well.

My plans for next year will be camping a lot more in the new jeep with my Fiance and the doggo, while towing the XL185 out for trail riding while... sober.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 06:02 PM

Big golfer here too! If anyone is in the west burbs of Chicago, hit me up and we can play a round!
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 08:20 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyman_ky View Post
My other passions would be my old cars

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Very nice!! Love the p/u
A little surprised seeing Chevy's and Fprds together. Lol. People seem to get a little hung up on one of the other.

1993 Shadow VT1100C
Mods forthcoming
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 08:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papinbrew View Post
I love dogs! Only have one due to renting, but shes already such a handful being a Border Collie Cattle Dog blend. A truly intelligent high strung little mutt. As far as passions go, bikes are my hobby. I have 4 Hondas currently, my main bike (currently down for season) is a 85 VF700C Magna, painted baby sky blue, a 1980 CB750F that was destined for scrap but I saw a shameless cafe chop in it so I got it for $180. A complete ground up rebuild using lots of the factory parts and some custom fabrication, its a streetfighter cafe brat scrambler blend. Also my very first 100% engine disassembly and rebuild.
Currently delayed due to other projects. I also got a 81 XL185 for $400 that needed a camshaft and timing advance plate, so about 100 bucks and a weekend later it was pulling wheelies on me. Since the Magna 2nd gear broke on me (my second one!) I needed a good reliable bike that no matter what I could count on, so I got an 05 Shadow Aero 750 for a ridiculous deal because the lady was absolutely convinced the clutch was bad, I just aired up the tires and gassed the tank before riding home and its been mostly trouble free. Currently down due to bad petcock and airbox was broken by PO stuffing the wrong filter in it. Also have new jets to properly tune the open pipes. Awaiting parts in mail.

Besides the bikes I am also a Jeeper, I have two XJ Cherokees. My main one is painted flat desert tan and is a manual 93 on stock suspension including front and rear sway. Its a quick one with tons of nice new performance parts.

My main project taking precedence over all projects is a 98 XJ Classic that I got for a steal of a deal with super low miles and ZERO rust. I couldnt believe my eyes when I rolled underneath to inspect. This ones an auto trans and full tow package so it came with the 8.25 stock and a better hitch reciever. I have a full basement of parts ready to go, short arm 3" lift, stabilizer, 3.5" procomp leafs, 31" tires on offset wheels, complete engine tune up kit, racing header (came out of my 93 and was re welded by myself and my Hobart), valvecover gasket, oil pan gasket, and rear main seal. Among that I also have a new stereo from Pioneer, and have had to go through tons of wiring to fix the windows, door locks (still in progress), and will end up putting in a keyless with remote start. Last thing is to sand the body and apply a Monstaliner flat black roll on bedliner kit to the whole exterior so it will last forever with hella good durability. Gotta get it running and registerable by November.

My main squeeze and profession is brewing. I brew beer for a small pub in Salt Lake and brew at home for special occasions. Very very rewarding if you can imagine.

Besides that I play some vidya games, and electric guitar. Been in a few bands in the past but its been about 5 years since I stayed serious. Metal, blues and reggae. I shoot guns and reload ammunition for them as well.

My plans for next year will be camping a lot more in the new jeep with my Fiance and the doggo, while towing the XL185 out for trail riding while... sober.
Sweet.
I run around in an 01 TJ Wrangler
I haven't figured out how to post a picture yet.
It's locked front and rear running 4:88 gears in a Ford 8.8 rear and an HP D30 in the front. Chromoly shafts and trussed.
Plus all kinds of other goodies. Sits on a 5" lift and 35x1250's.
Dogs love heading out in it too. Can't even grab the keys or they start going crazy excited.
You ever come to Colorado to Jeep/camp/ride be sure to let me know and I'd be game to meet up with you.

1993 Shadow VT1100C
Mods forthcoming
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-03-2018, 08:36 PM Thread Starter

I think I figured it out. The red dog is Maggie and the black one is Deuce.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C09E1975-83B2-4A20-8A23-9CFA61334EBB_1533342727112.jpeg
Views:	7
Size:	164.5 KB
ID:	256474   Click image for larger version

Name:	EC10FABC-28DA-4849-A50F-32245E71BD48_1533342810374.jpg
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	256476   Click image for larger version

Name:	481426C7-2C59-4536-8C57-8ABD72A8DC11_1533342854863.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	159.4 KB
ID:	256478  

1993 Shadow VT1100C
Mods forthcoming
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page