Honda Shadow Forums banner

Anxious to gather info

784 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  justed 
#1 ·
This is my third thread. Per forum rules, this is my ticket to the kingdom :nerd:

#7 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Going to work on getting a few pics up soon. But for now - my ride is an 87 Magna 700. I know, its not a Shadow,lol, but the info Im looking for is Shadow related.

Brakes on my bike work fantastic, but I hate the look of the single disk, want dual, keep the same front wheel style and fork style (center axle). So, my project is to use the front clip from an 85-86 Shadow 1100. Question is, will the top triple from a later Shadow mount to the lower triple of the 85-86? I know my gauges are not a direct bolt on, but with a later triple top it can be made to work and look good. When I say will the later triple top mounting, Im specifically refering to the it sitting on the fork tubes.

#8 ·
Thanks for the input guys. Going to work on getting a few pics up soon. But for now - my ride is an 87 Magna 700. I know, its not a Shadow,lol, but the info Im looking for is Shadow related.

Brakes on my bike work fantastic, but I hate the look of the single disk, want dual, keep the same front wheel style and fork style (center axle). So, my project is to use the front clip from an 85-86 Shadow 1100. Question is, will the top triple from a later Shadow mount to the lower triple of the 85-86? I know my gauges are not a direct bolt on, but with a later triple top it can be made to work and look good. When I say will the later triple top mounting, Im specifically refering to the it sitting on the fork tubes.

Here's what I'm getting from your question...

1) You want dual front disks on your 87 Magna

2) You want to use the front clip from an 85-86 Shadow as your project.

3) You also want to use the top tree from an even later Shadow than the 85-86 to mate to the 85-86.

4) Once that part of the project is done, you want to put it on your Magna.

Is this correct?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.