Helmets... - Page 3 - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 08:59 PM

Model: Spirit 750 VT750DC
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoreyP View Post
You would actually buy one of those helmets? They're a little on the suspect side.

I kind of want to buy that Shoei just to see what exactly they are selling? Maybe I'll get lucky and it's some guys selling helmets out of the factory backdoor.
Why would you think that? I can understand the no-name carbon fiber, but the Nolan, Scorpion, and Shoei should be good.
Jammer

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Ride Bells by blue flames & shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
'13 Harley Dyna Super Glide (FXDC)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:00 PM

Model: Vt750
Year: 1983
Garage
I was looking at this one too. I am no expert on the brand name though.

Maybe it is just a picture of the real thing you get for $25.00 .

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Schuberth-C...W/382933772019

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler
post #23 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:13 PM

Model: VT500C
Year: 1984
Garage
buy 2. Put one on a watermoelon and drop it off your roof. If the watermelon lives you should be good to go

🏍

post #24 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 09:19 PM

Model: Aero
Year: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coolerman View Post
Then he strips off his shirt, throws it on the road and starts stomping on it! I was convinced he was on meth or something. He proceeds to pick up the shirt and shake it. A large bumble bee fell out and he violently stomps it several more times while cussing under his breath... I guess it flew down the front of his shirt and stung him! He puts the shirt back on, picks up the bike, mounts it, starts it, then sits waiting on the light like nothing had happened.
That story reminds me of a time I was riding on Lakeshore Drive in Chicago. I had my visor up because it was a nice day...and then a wasp decided to fly into the opening, and landed safely right on the edge of one of the cheek pads. I immediately cut across 3 lanes to get into the shoulder, and then I promptly ripped the helmet from my head and tossed it onto the nearby grass.
post #25 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 10:29 PM

Model: VT1100C
Year: 1999
Garage
That Shoei you posted is a $700 helmet, for sale straight from China for $25? I believe all Shoei's are made in Japan. You're saying a Shoei helmet made it over to China were they could make money selling it at $25?

I think I will buy that Shoei just see what it is. Think Ebay will give me my money back if it's a knock off? How to prove it's a knock off is a different matter.

BTW the Chinese have gotten very good at knocking off products that are dead ringers for the real things.

!999 VT1100C
post #26 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:34 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQ-Jammer View Post
Speaking of helmets, I've been seeing several Nolan modular helmets (I know they USED to be a decent brand, but hadn't heard of them in YEARS), and a Scorpion modular helmet on eBay at EXTREMELY cheap prices (right around $20!), as well as full carbon fiber modular and full face helmets for about $60, and wondered what you guys thought. I also just saw a Shoei modular helmet for a little over $20!! I don't think I've seen one of them for under $100 EVER!!
Here are some links:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nolan-N100-...r=651596903617
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Scorpion-Ex...r=651596953284
https://www.ebay.com/itm/New-DOT-WOW...r=480280602640
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Shoei-Neote....c100047.m2108

I SUSPECT these are "promotional" prices, available for a LIMITED time, but still...
No way in God's world, those are originals and not knock-offs. Look at the manufacturer's suggested retail on those helmets and tell me different. And remember, they ARE from China. The biggest thieves of intellectual property in the world.

http://2007 Shadow Spirit VT750C2, Ride bell by h13man, Ride cross by Capt D
post #27 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-08-2019, 11:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swifty2014 View Post
I was looking at this one too. I am no expert on the brand name though.

Maybe it is just a picture of the real thing you get for $25.00 .

....I would imagine so. I own a Schuberth C3-Pro, in fact it’s the lid I’m wearing standing next to the Vic in my sig pic below and in my avatar.. Great Helmet! Very light, low profile and aerodynamic! ...Paid a tad-bit more than $24.99 for it though!! ..I bought a replacement visor for it a couple of years ago for about a hundred bucks I think!

... “$24.99” ...with “free shipping” ...from “China”. LOL! ...ahh ...what can you say?

Family, Friends, Love and Life..
Take Care and Ride Safe,
Mark..

C u r r e n t ... S c o o t s:
2013 Victory Cross Country Tour - 2015 Triumph Tiger XCX
post #28 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 12:26 PM

Model: Spirit 750 VT750DC
Year: 2003
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark-B View Post
....I would imagine so. I own a Schuberth C3-Pro, in fact it’s the lid I’m wearing standing next to the Vic in my sig pic below and in my avatar.. Great Helmet! Very light, low profile and aerodynamic! ...Paid a tad-bit more than $24.99 for it though!! ..I bought a replacement visor for it a couple of years ago for about a hundred bucks I think!

... “$24.99” ...with “free shipping” ...from “China”. LOL! ...ahh ...what can you say?
I bet if you look at your Schuberth C3-Pro you paid a couple hundred for, you'll probably find a sticker on it that says "Made in China" or "Made in Pakistan". This could just be a "promotional" thing to see how much people want them, and then they'll jack the price up once the "promotional" ones are gone. I've seen it quite often on eBay, where a manufacturer will have a limited amount for sale extremely cheap, and then jack the price up when those are gone, and they have more available at a higher price. Heck, even brick and mortar stores sometimes will have a deeply discounted price for sale on items they want to get rid of stock on, when they have too much. Could be the same thing here. I think if you really checked the labels on everything you buy, you'd find that quite a bit is either "Made in China", or "Made in India" or "Made in Pakistan". Are those that much worse than other stuff, quality-wise, that looks identical? I've gotten quite a few things from China that were as good or better than the same stuff from other places. If you don't want to take advantage of the deal, fine, but why poo on anyone else trying to save a buck to get something decent that they need?

(((=-JammeR-=)))
"My Life is NOT a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, tires screeching, totally used up, thoroughly worn out, and loudly proclaiming...WOW! What a Ride!!"

Ride Bells by blue flames & shadowride69 (THANKS!!)
'13 Harley Dyna Super Glide (FXDC)
post #29 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:13 PM

Model: VT1100C
Year: 1999
Garage
Okay I'm going to buy the Shoei for a show and tell when ever it shows up. It's worth $25 for some fun. Might cut it half if it looks real fake.

!999 VT1100C
post #30 of 48 (permalink) Old 05-09-2019, 01:30 PM

Model: Vt750
Year: 1983
Garage
They may be factory rejects on the way to the dump and were stolen - ???

Curiosity killed the cat and it is killing me also. I ordered the Schuberth .

We will see what $25.00 buys from China with a fancy name on it .

Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.
1983 750 Shadow
From the past=
1951 Cushman scooter
1962 Honda 305 Dream
1965 Honda 305 Dream
1971 Honda 175 scrambler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page