Clanking noise while running - Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:42 PM Thread Starter

Model: Honda Shadow Spirit 750
Year: 2003
Clanking noise while running

Hi,
I have a 2003 Honda Shadow 750, and about a week ago, I started getting a clanking noise when I was accelerating in 1st gear coming from the bottom of the bike, basically between my feet. It sounds like someone is putting a ruler into a running fan and feels like it partially disengages from gear. At first I thought it might be clutch, but it started happening while just cruising along in any gear. My guess is Tranny, but not sure...

Many thanks for any ideas or comments.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:50 PM
Super Moderator

Model: 750 ACE Dlx
Year: 1998
Does the engine make the noise when you're at a stand still if you rev the engine in neutral?

Also, have you inspected the drive chain as well as both the front (drive) sprocket and the rear (driven) sprocket? Could also be the rear wheel damper which helps absorb any of that herky/jerky feel from the chain drive? Without actually hearing the sound though it's hard to tell....
Good luck,
Phil

1998 VT-750 ACE Deluxe

Sterling Heights, Michigan

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 05:18 PM

Model: 750 ace
Year: 2002
Garage
Put your hand on the water pump and see if that's where the noise is coming from. I just posted about this same noise

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Model: Honda Shadow Spirit 750
Year: 2003
Thank you, I know it's hard without hearing it. No, it doesn't make any noise when it's not running. I will ck the water pump, but it really sounds like it's coming from between my feet...I'm fearing tranny...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Honda Shadow Forums : Shadow Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page