Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howsit going? Just recieved my ‘83 shadow back from a mechanic and he has broken my top oil banjo bolt in the head. Can anyone give me the specs on the banjo bolts in question I have attached a photo from user manual but do not have a sample as he has “lost” it.
regards from
186FFB8F-D8AE-4398-A4A9-2D0092F4645E.jpeg

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
16,905 Posts
It is a special shaped bolt drilled for oil flow. # 15 on this parts list but not available.
Try some wrecking yards

A couple of piles of bolts on Ebay , you might text the seller to ask if that bolt is in there.

Reactions: h13man

·
Registered
'83 VT750C
1,403 Posts
Is your other banjo bolt alright? If getting an actual one is a problem in your country, you could try to get something close by comparing at a local parts place…

·
Registered
194 Posts
The banjo bolt you are looking for, you will not find they no longer make them. You will need to find them hidden in a "spare parts" listing on evilbay or something. I can tell you that there is at least 1 of the banjo bolts you need in the first listing that Swifty2014 posted. The firwst evilbay listing he posted has 3 pictures and in the third picture you can see 1 of the oil banjo bolts sitting at the bottom of the picture right above the washers. I would grab that spar parts listing and you might get 2 of them. They are impossible to find new.

Also get a new mechanic. If this one is breaking bolts and not keeping them or replacing them I would not use them again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Lemme know if you can find it. If you cant extract it from the upper assembly I can sell you that and that banjo for a reasonable price. Have a few spare motors kicking around.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts