Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am totaly baffled my 01 sabre with 7k on the clock ran fine one day & then one day ir just lost the ability to rev.
It will start & idle flawlesly but as soon as the revs go over about 1500 rpm it starts to miss & crackle it does not bog at all so I feel it an electrical problem I changed the plugs coils & wires with no help at all.
any help will be apreciated I am totaly lost.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
I had mine do that one day coming home on a ride, made it home and started looking around couldn't find anything abnormal so thought well maybe my A/F mixture screws may need adjusted, so I checked the right side and ok and when I went to check the left side "guess what I found" yep the damn screw was missing, so had to order a new one and also ordered an extra one to carry just for spare, funny thing though when I went to put the new one in after a careful inspection I found that the spring had not fallen out and was still inside, after the replacement the bike ran just like it was supposed to, so you might check that out.... :idea:

·
Registered
4,689 Posts
455- When it starts breaking up is there any benefit to adding a little choke, or a lot of choke does it get better or worse? Ignition problems are pretty rare.

Does it break up under a load or just reving in neutral? Under a load it could be fuel filter related (fuel flow). Although overnight changes are not normal. Bad tank of fuel, debris in the mid-range jet.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
load or no load makes no difference
It sounds to me as if it is firing at the wrong time (just crakles & pops) when the revs climb over 1500 rpm (no tach just guessing) but will idle 100% all day long

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.