Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here's my daily driver,rain sleet or snow on my bike I go
Is there an exhaust system that runs the rear cylinder pipe lower,down then back

What would it cost to re cover this seat in black leather instead of ostrich
Just an estimate

The rear axle nut was one full turn loose......is this normal and why is it loose,what should the torque be if any,or should I remove clean,loctite then snug it?

The front hub for the speedo looks like it's in the wrong place,how hard is it to set it right.....if it's off,to me it looks like the line needs to be behind the notch on the fork

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
For the exhaust look into the Vance and Hines Pro Pipe HS (have it on my bike and love it) or DG Hard Kromes. Both will give you the room that you are seeking. Though on the Hard Kromes the rear pipe will exit at the same angle, but run lower in the rear. Vance and Hines Longshots (for the Sabre 1100) would also bring the rear pipe lower. That seat is ummm..interesting. Prices on seat covers can vary quite a bit. I've seen cheap ones for $50 and prices on up to a couple hundred. That's just for the cover. You may be able to find a used stock seat and sissy bar pad cheaply on ebay or purchase an aftermarket seat. Another option is taking it to a local upholstery shop and having them recover it.

The rear axle nut should certainly not be loose. The proper torque can be found in the service manual (posted in the Technical Discussion forum stickies). I'm not sure on the speedo hub but the service manual should help you there as well.

Enjoy the bike!

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
That an Ostrich seat? V&H Pro Pipe.

·
Premium Member
33 Posts
The speedo hub is wrong it does go behind the Notch on the Fork. I would not Loctite the Rear Axle nut as you may have Problems when you have to do any work back there. The Torque spec for it is: 65 ft-lbs. Good Luck.

·
Registered
6,153 Posts
I'd post the seat on some forums and see if you get any bites. While it may not be your cup of tea, I'm betting that there may be someone out there who would just love to have it. You can post it as a trade or buy outright. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts