Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to replace the stock pipes on my 02 Shadow Ace, but i'm not sure which pipes to get. I want something that looks good and let's people know I'm coming. What would you guys recomend? :)

·
Registered
365 Posts
I too have a 02 Shadow ACE. I have the Vance & Hines Cruzers. Great sound, although I wear ear plugs as I have lost a portion of my hearing throughout my music career and I don't want to lose any more. The Vance and Hines have a definite bark to them and can get pretty loud when the throttle is opened. The Cobra's are also nice - not sure what they are called, but the ones that look like a double barrel shotgun and extend near the back end of the tire. Check the Exhaust Systems section here, someone has a used set for sale.

It would be great to have someone chime in here with Cobras to offer their opinion as well.

G

·
0 Posts
You can't go wrong with either Vance and Hines or Hardkrome. I like the sound of the V&H Cruzers. Plan to rejet your carburetors.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another vote for the Cruzers, although if I had it to do over again, I might find the extra $ for the HK Kickers. Both are nice sounding pipes on the ACE, IMHO.

·
Registered
76 Posts
pipes

Add another vote to V&H HK was just a bit too high in the $$$$$
Plus you can always make the V&H pipes louder if needed. I took the packing out of the baffles....now its loud enough but not too loud

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yep, I took out the packing too. The Cruzers sound like crap with the baffles out, but with the packing off the baffles, they seem just right to me. Loud enough at idle to sound good, and very loud at throttle. Exactly the sound I was looking for when I replaced the stock pipes.

·
Registered
15 Posts
V&H baffles

how do you remove the packing from the baffles? any further adjustments required to the perfectly jetted carbs when the V&H were originally installed?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Vance and Hines

After all the input, I think that i'll go with the Vance & Hines Cruzers. Does anyone know where I can get them cheep :?:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts