Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I did the forum search thing, and I found one thread about someone asking a similar question, but I don't think their model or issue was the same as mine, so I don't know that the answer to that question fits, but here we go. I was pulling the battery out the other night to charge it, and in doing so, the bullet connector to my left rear turn signal sheared off when the edge of the battery caught on the wire. So, now I need a new turn signal bullet connector for an '02 Shadow. Any of you gearheads know whether I need a 3.5 mm bullet connector or a 4mm? I talked to a technician at my local honda dealer, and he said he thought I "...might be able to get away with a 3.5..." but he wasn't 100% sure. An ebay search for 3.5 mm bullet connectors turns up large sets of b.c.'s that don't look anything like the one that came out of my bike, so I'm hesitant to order them if I don't know that they'll work. Any help I can get here would be most appreciated!

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
You can probably buy an assortment pack at Home depot or your local hardware store. If not, buy 2 small packs and if your lucky and open the right pack first,then you can take back the unopened one.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I was always under the impression that the actual "connector" portion was the same physical diameter, and the only difference was the thickness of the tab portion to allow better current flow and larger wire to be crimped on. So you just need to find the size that is just slightly bigger than the wire gauge you are using. Of course I've been known to be wrong....

·
Registered
175 Posts
And looks like I may be wrong again! I see when searching that there is a different style bullet connector than I am used to, and not near my bike to see which style it uses....

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
From what I see when searching is the 3.5 & 4mm seem to be gold plated which I would assume the are for some special use. I would think the only concern would be the wire gauge and use a standard bullet connector. I'll have to check my box because I think I may not have enough for my new signals. Thanks for the reminder.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The kind of connectors they sell @ HD and Lowes and Radio shack are too large for Honda Shadows. Not by much, but still too large. I've tried those and uh, yeah, no dice. That's why I was looking online, as no place around here outside of the honda place carries them. Next step might be taking the broken one there and getting them to match the part from their parts bins.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts