Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
90% of the backrests i see online when searching for my bike are for the ACE, which mine is not the ACE. Any ideas where to get a passenger backrest for my 1100 spirit?
Or will the one for the ACE fit mine?

· Registered
4,011 Posts
Option #1: Honda Shadow Spirit 1100 98 Up Motorcycle Driver Backrest Quick Release | eBay - I have absolutely NO experience with this, but it looks like it can't be very complicated. EDIT: didn't notice you were looking for the passenger backrest and I posted a link to the driver's backrest. However, they have the equivalent passenger backrest further down the posting.

Option #2: Corbin Motorcycle Seats & Accessories | Honda Shadow and Spirit 1100 | 800-538-7035 - Aftermarket, either Corbin or Mustang or equivalent. I have a Corbin and highly recommend it. Others have Mustang seats and highly recommend them. There are other brands, too. It's more expensive than the eBay link above, but I'm guessing it's more comfortable, too.

(FYI - VERY different part numbers from Corbin for a 2002 1100 Spirit and a 750 ACE seat.)

Option #3: VALEO 6-inch Competition Classic Lifting Belt - SportsAuthority.com - A backbrace belt. By far the cheapest and most flexible solution, though not nearly as comfortable as a real backrest. I will say, though, a belt like this combined with a backrest is really comfortable, especially on long trips.

Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.