Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any advice in where I would get the most bang for my buck and looks of the bike? I'm all over the place, thinking that the turn signals need to be swapped.. Or a fancy new projection headlight/? HELP

·
Registered
10,263 Posts
It is up to what you want.
Do you want to add safety features? As in, more lighting, hwy bars, louder horn and pipes , windshield?
Do you just care about looks? if so, add or delete chrome, whichever you want.
Or do you want comfort, better seat, back rest...
Or do you want to carry gear, saddle bags, luggage rack...
It really is up to YOU. Is this a bike you will keep a long time, or just a starter step one type deal? if so, don't blow a whole lot that you may not get back out of it. Some people love the vlx and ride them forever, they are great bikes! But, if you want more performance, there are only few things that can be done, lots change sprockets to help, but bigger hp and performance, may mean trading to bigger skoot, but the vlx hangs pretty good with my vtx with old dad riding his.
Good luck!

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well here is how my VLX started out when I got her

After adding a few pieces

And today

There are a multitude of ways to go with it. a couple other guys on here have really nice looking VLX bikes and all of ours are different. So look at other bikes draw inspiration and modify.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.