Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'll make a short story long. bought my bike. did not look at the tank. ends up its full of rust. i took it off to clean, and couldn't figure out why i couldn't get all the gas to drain. after much shaking and cleaning, i put it back together knowing i could not have got all the crud out. later on line i see it has a in tank screen, hence me not being able to drain it properly. before i tear into it again, does anyone know how the screen comes out? does it just pull out, no problem? i've got a por kit i'm going to use to properly clean it.

thanks

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
My recollection is that most Honda pickups unscrew at the valve after tank removal and the screen is normally part of it. Rust in that young a tank is a concern. I would replace the **** thing and start fresh.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i hear ya. thats why i want to fix it. the guy i bought it from " only 4500 mi " stored it for 2 years without any proper storage maintenance. por kit- $ 40.00. new tank $ 400.00, and you still have a metal tank. i've heard nothing but good about the por kits.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts