Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
2003 Ace Deluxe
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all,
i have a slow air leak front tire on my 03' ACE deluxe.
already had the shop replace the inner tube once and now am thinking of getting one bottle of ride on
and putting it in the tube.
already checked the valve for leaks, no issue there

thoughts?

yes i know they recommend more than 1 bottle but i am just trying to resolve a slow leak not a puncture.

thanks in advance

· Registered
2003 Ace Deluxe
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hi
thanks for the replies,
The front has always had a slow leak and the last time i replaced the tube was just before covid hit.

i will try ride on or slime to eliminate the leak for now.

when i get new tires i will make sure to talk to the tech about the slow leak so we can double check for leaks
once the new tube and tire are installed.

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,788 Posts
Define slow leak. If my bike sits for a couple of weeks the tires will be a bit, 1-3 psi, low. This is normal but that amount over night is not normal.

When I change tires, bike or car, for a few weeks the tires seem to need more air replaced and more often even though there are no leaks.

If you truly had a leak and took it to a shop to fix it and you still have the leak,,,take it back and have them do what you asked them to do the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
2003 Ace Deluxe
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hi
over the period of 3 - 4 weeks the front tire pressure will go from 28 lbs to 20 lbs.

the rear tire may be down a few lbs but rarely needs much air added.

· Registered
2013 Honda Shadow Phantom 750
4,788 Posts
I would say a slow leak. If this is the same tire that you said in your other thread the tech noted corrosion on the wheel, that may be your problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

· Registered
3,275 Posts
Wire brush/sand the bad area down to metal, use rust-killing primer and some paint and don't worry about it again.

· Registered
2003 Ace Deluxe
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ride on installed lets see if it helps,
it is primarily designed to stop leaks from punctures not the side or inner of the tube.

so it the air pressure still drops i may pull the front wheel and lay it on one side and then the other to help spread the ride on around to other areas of the tube to hopefully plug the slow leak.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts