Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any one know about the average miles they get from a full tank since they don't put gages on here except for when it shows low fuel.

·
Registered
10,252 Posts
I had a 06, got 155 before switched to reserve.
Coop

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
150 somethin' before switchin' to reserve on my 04 750 aero usually.

·
Premium Member
42 Posts
Based on a thread that just ran on here, anywhere between 100 and 160 miles, depending on a whole host of variables.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Based on a thread that just ran on here, anywhere between 100 and 160 miles, depending on a whole host of variables.
That wasn't specific to the Aero was it. from what I remember it was just a general question about what ppl were getting correct?

any idea how far after hitting reserve?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I haven't had to switch to reserve yet before filling but I've been getting 110-130 miles and putting about 2.2 gal in on my fills. So that's been about 52-60 mpg, the lowest was on my ride along I-10 when I was going 70-80 and fighting winds.

·
Registered
309 Posts
I get 55mpg going to and from work during the week it's only 10 miles each way need to go on reserve at 155miles when i go for rides not stop and go the mileage is much better i ride a stock 2006 750 aero shadow hope this helps

·
Registered
12,291 Posts
On my '06 Aero 750, I would usually (USUALLY - If I wasn't hammering the right wrist, mind you!!!) get to 140 miles before hitting reserve. I'm kinda heavy on the throttle off the line tho. 125/130 was the norm for me. Made it a habit to fill up at 110, like I do with my Tourer.

You have an ODO that you can re-set and that's what you should use it for - to keep track of your fuel/oil. The Aero 750's and ACE Deluxe's have 2 ODO settings. Use ODO 1 for fuel mileage and ODO 2 for oil change mileage....or vice/versa.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
since this is a newer bike for me I see when the red light comes on for the gas and then time to fill up. is there something to addd to see when the fuel is full to low like on cars?

·
Registered
145 Posts
The red light? On the lower left of your instrument panel?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the low oil pressure gauge?

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Just filled my wife's 05 750 Aero, hit reserve at 149.5 miles. Filled at 156, took 2.936 gallons for 53.xx miles/gallon which means there was still 3/4 gallon (approx another 40 miles) left in the tank. Normal riding conditions, mostly city. Not too bad IMO.

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was going around 156-160 mi before hitting reserve until I started adding a half ounce of STARTRON every other fill up and now its 179 -185 mi til I hit reserve.I ran it to 225 once while on reserve when I went some place I never been before(lol). My bike is an 07 Shadow Aero 750

·
Registered
563 Posts
I've been averaging about 54 mpg according to my fuelly account

This is on an 07 vt750c2. So I would get around 140-150 miles until I would hit reserve. I fill it up around 100-120 most of the time, though on work days I usually fill it up around 80 or so miles since I ride 80 miles a day on my commute and would hit reserve daily if I didn't fill it up every day before work.

If you click on the button below it will take you to some more detailed info:

·
Premium Member
543 Posts
I get between 120 and 155 depends if I stay 60 mph and below or above 60

·
Registered
758 Posts
The red light? On the lower left of your instrument panel?

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that the low oil pressure gauge?

Yeah but as you are needing to switch to reserve you are basically stalling, so all the lights come on as the bike dies, including the oil light. You'll see it right about the time you start to decelerate from the loss of fuel, but if you can switch the petcock fast enough sometimes you don't even have to "restart" technically... the bike will refire. Or at least that has been my experience.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
The question is vague. Is it a curiosity question on mpg, or at what tripometer miles mark before you run out of gas and have to switch to reserve, or how far a full tankful of gas will get you? Don't take me seriously. However, when you're filling up an empty tank at the gas station, tap on the tank. Memorize the sound or the pitch of the hollow sound. After riding for a while tap on teh same place on the fuel tank with the same knuckle. That's your sonar reading. At any rate, you should fill up almost daily or as much as convenience allows to prevent rust from starting on the inside of the tank above the water line. It's also a wise practice to flip on the reserve switch every now and then, so the reserve spout is not clogged up when you do need to use it. In general, 600's get 50-mpg city while 750, 40-mpg city.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts