Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last fall i bough a nice looking 2004 Honda 750 shadow aero with less then 10,000 miles on it. i';ve put about 600 miles on it and put on WWW tires, engine guards, OEM chrome stock seat rail, changed all the fluid. i'm short and old so the bike was to top heavy for me so i lowered the rear end and bought 12" ape hangers because the welded on risers made it painfull to drive very far. i took the gas tank off so that i wouldn't dent it changing bars. i've got a new pet **** cover diaphram and screen kit that i need ti install before mounting the tank.
my wife helped me take the ends off the stock bars and on the left side i noticed a small bolt drop and we never could find it back. the bike feels right and we located the left pin hole yesterday and planned on soldering extended wires to run through the new bars.............but now the turn signal switch goes to the left side and snaps back there. i can't locate the screw that we lost on any OEM parts sites and i know that this is the problem. will i have to buy an $80 switch or is there something else that i can do here?
thanks in advance,
LJ

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
7,091 Posts
Not quite clear where the screw came from, turn signal switches are usually self centering and require you to push in to cancel, you said when you push it to the left the left turn signal doesn't come on, or are you saying when you push it to the right the switch doesn't return to the center postion? Not clear as to what is not working. You also should look at the switch cleaning sticky in the Tech section there is a post there that shows how to clean the turnsignal switch. Give us a little more information and i'm sure someone will be able to help you.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
i believe that i was clamping the housing down to tight. it was a picture of an older model switch and there is no bolt or screw. the battery is not hooked up. the guy that i bought it from or the guy before him really messed up the wiring (no soldering, ect) had a radio and LED light on it. i'm putting on 12" mini apes and i've got that figured out other then the the throttle cables. went to get a good look at it this morning and took off the inside air cleaner cover, two 6mm bolts and then this cable that went through the inside cover...woow this cable came loose and i can't for the likes of me see where it connects to. i don't know how to get pictures of my bike onto the site...but i'll try, we've got the cameras and chips. wish now that i'd left the stock handlebars alone but i'm past that. does anyone know where that cable goes through the air cleaner holder on the 2004 honda 750 shadow aero? i wanted that off to get a better look at the carb end of the push and pull cables, so i removed it.
thanks,
LJ

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thank you clm1954 for that online manual.........i've got that bookmarked. there never was anything wrong with the left switch. had i left that all alone, things would be fine. i've ordered to long of cables and just want to get things hooked up the way they were and do the ape hangers next winter. i did see that someone has spliced a wire onto one in the right side wiring harness and then put electrical tape over that, it now just slides off. now to get heat shrinking over that area!!!!!!!!!!.
just call me STUPID,
LJ

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.