Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a front rim for my 2006 Shadow. It's bent on both sides in the same spot. Has a little bit of a wiggle when I ride, but nothing too bad. Took it to my local Honda dealer and when I asked them if it was safe to ride, they really didn't give me an answer either way.

Any suggestions on how to go about getting this fixed at a decent price and whether this is something someone like myself with no mechanical experience could replace on my own?

·
Registered
695 Posts
I would get fixed as quick as possible. If you can't find a replacement wheel from a recycle yard, you buy the wheel hoop and have it laced onto your stock hub. It's also a god chance to get some quality chrome spokes to replace the stock low quality stuff.

·
Registered
725 Posts
I wouldn't want to ride the bike with a bent rim. The front tire could let go at any time. I would search around and see if I could find a used rim in good condition or prepare for sticker shock and buy a new one.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I would get fixed as quick as possible. If you can't find a replacement wheel from a recycle yard, you buy the wheel hoop and have it laced onto your stock hub. It's also a god chance to get some quality chrome spokes to replace the stock low quality stuff.
2006 Shadow??? Could be a mag or could be spoked depending on model, how would anyone even know which?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.