Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Like in post name. Start switch was bad had to push really hard. I changed it now headlight wont work which it wasn't but came on at first with new switch. And sittling on bike right front park light quit after new switch.. At first it cranked but could tell it was missing and sounded like it was grounding out and now won't hit a lick. Where should I start to look in wiring? Help please!!

·
Registered
12,125 Posts
Jump the battery with a non running car battery so you have all the crank power you need. A weak battery can give you all kinds of fits.
Wiggle harness and connections and grounds to see if there is a poor connection.
Test power with a 12 volt test light or meter for the front bulbs.

·
Registered
3,806 Posts
To begin with, you'll have to verify that the battery is good, or get a new battery. The previous hard starting might have drained the battery etc. It don't take much. There's been electrical threads that went on for days trying to trace a problem, and after the owner installed a new battery, everything worked again, and like oh wow who woulda thought that.

By right front "park light', do you mean the right front 'running light'? Low-filament constant ON.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
THanks guys found it pinched wire in the starter button housing when I replaced it. Headlight was blown low side. But I now know if you pinch the kill switch wires while putting the 2 bolts back in housing it will not start and messes with turn park lamps in front. But thanks again it's fixed!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts