Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is removing the rear fender on a 2009 Shadow Aero fairly straight forward? I am going to be moving my rear turn signals to the license plate area to make room for future saddle bags. To run the wires I'm thinking removing the fender would make things pretty easy. Just want to know if there is anything I may run into when removing.

Thanks

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
Well, if it's like my wife's 05, not really a big deal. Take off the seat, disconnect the wiring for the signals and tail, located at the front of the rear fender. You'll see it when the seat is off. remove the 6 fender bolts and take off the fender.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, I figured it would be a simple thing to do but wanted to be sure. I have blindly dove into things in the past only to find many rocks just below the surface.

I'll definitely be looking into that manual for anything I may need to do in the future.

·
Registered
60 Posts
*3... expect it to be heavier than expected... the plastic fender has a metal skeleton wedged into the fender.

However, you do not need to take the fender off to remove the blinkers. Just take off the chrome side rails. The blinkers are attached to those, and the wiring will be exposed at that point. To get the blinkers down to the plate, expect to lengthen the wires too.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
*3... expect it to be heavier than expected... the plastic fender has a metal skeleton wedged into the fender.

However, you do not need to take the fender off to remove the blinkers. Just take off the chrome side rails. The blinkers are attached to those, and the wiring will be exposed at that point. To get the blinkers down to the plate, expect to lengthen the wires too.
true, but w/ all the fender bolts out, it will just be flopping at that point. But he will need to conceal the wiring in the fender at which point it will be easier to do w/ the fender off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.