Honda Shadow Forums banner

4281 - 4285 of 4285 Posts

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
@ KiwiRider, I would be looking at the wheel closely to see if it got bent at all. And the tire may have internal cord damage. So be careful .

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
@Kris Carr, don't forget we have to invert it for the folks down under.

Sorry guys I couldn't resist.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,130 Posts
The last couple of weeks have been my annual break time, I shut the shop for two weeks every year, not such a good break this year.... The workshop needed its internal guttering replaced so that was 2.5 days gone, the new deck needed water blasting and a couple of coats of oil, the old timber pile from the old hardwood deck needed the nails removed and I made a frame to stack it on the fence to cut up as required for the pizza oven, installed a sheet of iron on the wind/privacy wall that my daughter will paint, removed the old brush fence sections and replaced it with bamboo, helped my father clear the weed and broken tree branches from the storm, Helped a friend get his Harley he purchased while in Texas all legal & on the road (appreciate my valk even more.....so much easier to work on) I need to go back to work for a break :p

I did take some time out to take the family to the beach for an evening walk

The guttering getting made....my folders are only 1350 wide so had to join sections, 2400 long to go between the beams

I also got out for a road ride with my brother.....that doesn't happen much, last time 3 years ago when he borrowed a road bike, the time before that was 30+ years ago when he last had a road bike.... he mainly rides dirt but has just got a DL1000 to use on the road

I also did a 300K ride with a friend to visit another that needed a little support, he was riding with another, leaving the car park and there was a speed bump with loose gravel, his rear wheel stepped out clipping the rider beside him who was riding with pillion knocking her off.... and she broke her neck as she hit the ground and died......all at walking pace so he was a little stressed. He had the police crush his bike, he just didn't want to see it again....... While having a coffee with him I got a call from my mother informing me one of our family friends had died in a horse riding accident..... so a bit of a shaky start to 2019......can only go up from here ......right

·
Registered
12,575 Posts
Sorry to hear of the tragedies around you. Hope it all starts to get happier soon.

4281 - 4285 of 4285 Posts