Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been working on my 92 vt1100 doing a clean up paint and such, i had to replace the handle bars because they were bent so i threw on a stock set of sportster bars which has the master cylinders on an angle. The clutch worked fine when i drove it home but after being worked on for few weeks and the master cylinder dangling upside down for that time now i went to ride it and no clutch now. i pull the clutch handle in and it doesn't feel like anything then i put it in gear and it jumps and stalls out. also i took the bolts out of the middle engine side cover on the left until i realized it was an oil sealing cover so i put the bolts right back in it. So any ideas on what i did to cause it and what i need to do to fix it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well i didnt do any real "work" just cleaned and painted engine, stripped the side covers and scotch brighted them for more of a brushed look, did some body work and paint, switched handle bars, and put some fork mounted signals on it.

·
Banned
3,795 Posts
well i didnt do any real "work" just cleaned and painted engine, stripped the side covers and scotch brighted them for more of a brushed look, did some body work and paint, switched handle bars, and put some fork mounted signals on it.
You said the master cylinder was "dangling upside down", obviously air has infiltrated into the system. Fix the problem of the orientation of the master cylinders then bleed the systems, your front brake most likely has the same issue.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.