Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 sabre 1100 and I'm wanting to restyle it so to speak to make it look similar to a Harley I don't really like the "classic" look of the rear fender and would also like to put a different tank on it like the tanks with the gauges on them instead of on the handlebars like mine is does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
You do what you want to do with it. The Sabre is a nice machine, but you'll be putting a lot of work into changing what it's designed to look like. Show us pictures as you go if you decide to do it.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
^^ Convict. If you want a Harley, buy a Harley. You'll spend a lot of time and money making the Sabre into something it isn't. I also think modded motorcycles are much harder to sell than stock ones. Once they are customized the appeal to a smaller market. My two cents worth.

·
Registered
5,377 Posts
I have a 2002 sabre 1100 and I'm wanting to restyle it so to speak to make it look similar to a Harley I don't really like the "classic" look of the rear fender and would also like to put a different tank on it like the tanks with the gauges on them instead of on the handlebars like mine is does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

It is a Honda Shadow and it does look like some Harleys.... just not the one you have in mind. Can you do it? YES. Fixing the rear fender is easy. That is what the Saws-All was invented for. You might be able to swap over the tank from another Shadow. But if you are after HARLEY. Your looking at more money and effort to do it than the price of that Harley.

·
Premium Member
4,575 Posts
If I were you I would sell it & buy a Harley , sounds like that is what you really want ?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just like the way a Harley looks but I love the smooth ride that my shadow has I just want it to be a lil more eye catching really it looks more like a vstar classic to me as it sits and I was hoping to change that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts