Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
did a search but coldnt find the answer.

The front brakes on the spirit 1100, it seems like I can hear them even at 20 mph....the dealer says its normal as they never fully let go

This isn't my first bike, and none of my kawi's could be heard.
Pushing them into the garage or something, a little bit....but at 20 mph ????

does that seem normal

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
likely is.
i noticed mine increased in noise after i changed pads. basically the holes and other surface artifacts contact the pads and make noise.

yes the pads do lightly contact the rotors at all times when released and to my knowledge and experiance that is pretty much the norm.

short answer don't sweat it

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
I've not heard that, but then again when I'm riding I wear ear plugs and a full face helmet.

But if you can hear it while pushing the bike into the garage -- which I can as well -- then doesn't it make some sense that at 20mph the same contact would be heard ... that is, if you're listening for it?

Does it sound like the same sound while pushing the bike, only at a faster pace? Or does it sound different?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Brakes

Disc brakes release but don't retract, however they should offer little or no resistance. You may have a faulty caliper or master cylinder. Jack it up- apply the brake, then release the lever and turn the wheel by hand. If resistance is felt, you have a problem. I bought a Gold Wing with a defective caliper which would not release completely after sitting for a year. Had to rebuild the caliper.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts