Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who has replaced the bulb in the main OEM headlight? (not looking for bulbs in any lightbars you may have added)

Which did you purchase?

I see Sylvania has a few option

tks
Guy
021 Lloydminster

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
I changed my stock headlight bulb to an H-4 (#9003 I think) about 4 years ago. It's brighter and haven't had any problems with it. ?PD<

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is this the one you used?

Kuryakyn 55/60 watt (Premium Blue) These bulbs are the most common H-4 bulbs used in motorcycle applications

·
Registered
4,827 Posts
No, it wasn't that brand. I bought mine at an automotive store. Just took mine out, took it to the store and bought one with the same type prongs to make sure it would fit my housing. I think I paid less then $10 for it. I could've got the one with the blue tint to it, but they aren't any brighter. >PD<

·
Registered
336 Posts
Many people here, along with me, have been very happy with the Sylvania Silverstar, H4-ST. This is a motorsport bulb, a little more durable filament design than automotive, and a very bright "white light"

Available at many auto parts stores - Advanced, Autozone, (one of these is Kraegens (sp) on the west coast). About $19.00.

Keep a spare in you saddle bag!

Gumpy

·
Registered
859 Posts
I replaced mine with a PIAA Super White 60/55 watt. It says it performs like a 110/100 watt bulb. I'm not sure about that but it does make a difference. If you plan on going to a bigger wattage bulb be aware that your stock switch isn't up to handling the additional wattage. Look up some threads on replacing stock bulbs on this site. Gonzo makes a killer wire harness that is made for the bigger wattage bulbs. Now I wish there was a higher wattage alternator kit fot the VT1100 bikes. More electrical power does a bike good.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Tks Guy's .. i'll check both out

Guy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts