Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of installing a Tach on my '07 1100 Spirit. I would like to know who has already installed one on an 1100 Spirit and which one you installed. Also, please let me know how you like the one you installed.

Thanks to all in advance,
Alan

·
Registered
859 Posts
Darth I purchased a Baron tach for my 06 Spirit. I installed it without any problems between the tank and handelbars on the handlebars. The tach itself is made very well and can be mounted upside down like my installation. The only problem is that it will fog up if you ride in the rain. I have put a silca pack inside the housing to help prevent the fogging and seems to be working.
The tach, the housing and mounting bracket are of good quailty.
I would take a picture of it and show you but, the bike is in its blanket with a foot and half of snow on it.
good luck

·
Registered
96 Posts
I also bought the Baron. I like the clamp, overall appearance, and what I'd read about quality. I've noticed condensation as well, and will try the silica packet.
Installation was easy, and I used the instructions from Eureka Boy.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dragoon said:
This is next to go on my bike. The spirit uses the AC2808 if you want the polished aluminum. May not be what you are after.http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_speedo_2700.html
Dragoon,

Have you seen one of these installed? It looks very interesting and may work very well. The model you say we need isn't listed so I can't see what functions it has. I'd also like to see a better picture of the face.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Darthfader said:
Dragoon said:
This is next to go on my bike. The spirit uses the AC2808 if you want the polished aluminum. May not be what you are after.http://www.electrosport.com/electrosport_speedo_2700.html
Dragoon,

Have you seen one of these installed? It looks very interesting and may work very well. The model you say we need isn't listed so I can't see what functions it has. I'd also like to see a better picture of the face.

Thanks,
Alan
Darthfader

You have to blow up the little brown chart on the site I sent you. It has oil, signals, high beam, neutral and temp. Basically it has everything you have by default but with a tach and an engine running time computer. It also has presets so you can ensure you change you oil and other maintenance according your preferred regime. I hope to make it to their corp offices sometime this week as they are in Oceanside, not to far from me so I will try and get some pics of the product and if you wish, I can PM them to you. Let me know.

Cheers and PLEASE ride safe.

Paul

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dragoon said:
I hope to make it to their corp offices sometime this week as they are in Oceanside, not to far from me so I will try and get some pics of the product and if you wish, I can PM them to you. Let me know.
Paul,
Anything you can get would be greatly appreciated. I really think this is something I could use but I'd like some additional information before I take the leap.

Thanks,
Alan

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Darthfader said:
Dragoon said:
I hope to make it to their corp offices sometime this week as they are in Oceanside, not to far from me so I will try and get some pics of the product and if you wish, I can PM them to you. Let me know.
Paul,
Anything you can get would be greatly appreciated. I really think this is something I could use but I'd like some additional information before I take the leap.

Thanks,
Alan
alan,

Consider it done. I am not sure when but this week for sure.

Cheers

Paul

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hey Dragoon, Im really interested in that Speedo/Tach setup and the price is good as well, When you get more info would you please send me a copy Thanks, Don.

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
When I get it installed, I will do a post with pics and seen as I do at least 100 miles a day, I am sure I can do somewhat of a review very quickly. I got this link form a friend that had one on his kawi but I never saw it. He actually drove it in Miami where condensation due to the humidity would be a pro one would think, so I am confident it will work here in our temperate SoCal.

Cheers from the ‘guinea pig”
:p

·
Registered
1,454 Posts
Folks,

I am happy I went to look and I am sure those entertaining this tach would be too. It works great and does all it says it does and MORE. HOWEVER, it is literally smaller then the pic on the website. The thing can not e ¾ of an inch across. I asked the guy if he was serious because it would look damn foolish on my sons tricycle let alone my big shadow. So, if tiny is what you want, it’s a great package, but for me, I would have to wear my reading glasses just to see it as I rode down the road. So, on to my next tach, if anybody has a good suggestion then I would love to hear. So far, the ones listed here are not quite for me, although they may have to be if I can find nothing else. Dice, I may go your route, you say it was easy to install, how long and what were the instructions like on a scale of 1 to 10?

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Its only 3/4" across? :( Holy crap if your right that is WAY TOO SMALL, I liked all the features it had but like you it wont work for me either, Thanks for the heads up, Don.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Dragoon said:
Dice, I may go your route, you say it was easy to install, how long and what were the instructions like on a scale of 1 to 10?

Cheers
I think the most time consuming part was running the wires nicely, along the frame, to hide them and make it look clean. I took my time...only wanted to do this once :wink: Had to remove the tank (easy), do some soldering (also easy) and that's pretty much it.

If you can do these two things, you're there. Probably took me 3 hours total...

I liked this tach because it is big enough, without being intrusive, and is also backlighted. The cost wasn't too bad either (about $65 from the local Big Dog shop).

1 - 16 of 16 Posts