Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know the actual length of the throttle, clutch, and brake cables when adding a 14" ape hanger and 1" risers? Everything else is OEM.

·
Registered
2007 VT750DC Spirit “chopper”
1,221 Posts
Long. Brake line will need to be 50” at least and if you want to route it fancy and sorta hidden I’d go 52”. There is no “buy this, it works for everyone” measurement. Are you willing to fab and meddle with your own cables? If so, check out www.venhillusa.com and look at their “universal” cable kits, I’ve used their universal throttle and clutch cables for going on two years and have zero issues, if you’re handy at cutting/soldering stuff they’ll be your best bet. Venhill also makes DOT approved brake lines in whatever length you need.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Long. Brake line will need to be 50” at least and if you want to route it fancy and sorta hidden I’d go 52”. There is no “buy this, it works for everyone” measurement. Are you willing to fab and meddle with your own cables? If so, check out www.venhillusa.com and look at their “universal” cable kits, I’ve used their universal throttle and clutch cables for going on two years and have zero issues, if you’re handy at cutting/soldering stuff they’ll be your best bet. Venhill also makes DOT approved brake lines in whatever length you need.
Alright I'll check them out, thank you for your help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
From what i have read you want to take a string and measure it to each cable to get stock length and add i have 10 inch bars on 1 inch risers on my aero 750 and all stock worked and didnt really stretch or pull but you will want to measure stock and go +6 to 8 inches over stock length

·
Registered
49 Posts
I actually just purchased 14 inch apes for my aero and need to get longer cables and brake line did you have any luck finding them under 300 bucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts