Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2002, Shadow Spirit 1100
1,256 Posts
Those are some huge beams. I just got my class A cdl a couple of years ago. I wondered how they turned the corner with those loads. A rear steering unit under the load. That is interesting. I worked at HP and we had computers which were basically semi-trailers full of cabs which were full of servers. These weren't nearly as heavy as your load but they were really heavy. They had to buy a special truck to pull them. They had to work with DOT to get permits to transport. We sold some of them to Google, Bing and the Military. I never got pictures though. I suspect these computers were around 100,000 pounds.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
those drag tires on the rear were only round on top!!! How much weight are we talking?

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all. My place of work can be interesting to say the least. I would have taken a video of the load leaving the yard but there travel time is 11PM to 6AM. We have smaller beams going out soon around 70,000 LBS. I'll see if I can catch a video of one leaving the yard.

·
Registered
06' VT1100C99' GL1500C Valkyrie
8,555 Posts
The title said 142,000 lbs. That is a lot of weight. I wouldn't pull out in front of them and expect it to stop.
71 Ton. Are these bridge beams?

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Yes they are. We build them for structures in Canada as well as the US and sometimes overseas. Talking about overseas, we had one of our beam washed overboard in a storm somewhere in the Atlantic. I wonder if it landed across a crevasse at the bottom❓:rolleyes:
Wow... and that stuff actually happens a fair amount.
Just send me a message when you can have a jump seat welded on the side of the rear driver’s spot so I can act like I’m driving, too. A fisher price steering wheel with the squeaky horn is my only requirement

·
Registered
453 Posts
Nice vid :)

There are a few nick-names for that under-load steering cab...
none of them complimentary...few are even allowed to be in print.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Has someone come up with a jump seat for me? I’ll be second B**** on that sled, all day, any day! Looks like a hoot, and sketchy at that!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts