Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the internet bought trunk has been on for a while now, so how is it holding up? you ask?

Not bad, not bad at all. If you remember, I paid a grand total of about one hundred and forty bucks including shipping everything included, trunk, backrest and rack.
I installed it using six stainless steel hose clamps to secure it to the luggage rack.

Today I used an extra floor mat from Lindas Accent to make a trunk mat, also gave the inside a cleaning.

I have been keeping an eye on the trunk latch, a known flaw in these inexpensive ( read cheap ) trunks. The rivet head on one side had given away causing one side to lift, so I set it to it's proper position and gave it a healthy dose of Crazy Glue ( stuff does work )

Apart from that so far it has done a nice job and has remained securely attached. It has been excellent for storage too!

I need to make some permanent flag mounts, on both sides, and still have to get some lighted skulls..seems I always have something to spend my hard earned cash on.

·
Registered
3,537 Posts
glad it's workin' out good for ya CD!

·
Registered
10,239 Posts
Glad it's doing good. That link you posted has me thinking of getting one for mine. I like the prices there! Do you recommend it still?
Coop

·
Registered
23,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Glad it's doing good. That link you posted has me thinking of getting one for mine. I like the prices there! Do you recommend it still?
Coop
Overall yes, but keep in mind it is a light duty tour pack. I think for our needs it will be serviceable for years to come, our needs are generally local rides with a daily mileage of 600 or less round trip miles, with the majority falling within the 200-400 mile range. would I recommend it as a serious cross country tour pack? No, I would however highly recommend scouring ebay for used GoldWing or ElectraGlide tour packs, either one is a quality long distance hauler. with good horizontal and lateral rigidity. strong locks and hinges, designed to withstand overloads, and plushly appointed passenger backrests.

You get what you pay for, I was looking for simple, cheap , easy to mount and serviceable. I believe I found just the thing. I will continue to play and modify to my liking as I can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts