Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been restoring nighthawks, magnas, Sabre's and Shadows for over 7 years now on the side out of my garage and finally have come across a 1983 Honda Shadow 750C chrome edition.

My question is this,

I have looked and looked over the net looking for any info on the chrome edition and have found nothing what so ever.

Done anyone have any history on these and are they worth more than your standard shadow back from 83 ??

Thanks,

C. Cody

·
Registered
339 Posts
Wow!! That's an awesome bike!

I never knew they even offered them nor seen one...

Mark

·
Registered
296 Posts
Pretty to look at, but probably pretty dangerous to ride.

I can't think of an angle in which the sun wouldn't be reflected into your eyes.

Heck, I have a chrome handlebar clamp on my 700 and at certain times of day the sun really glints off it badly.

Cool bike, but I wouldn't want to ride it during the day!
8)
-K

·
Registered
932 Posts
A couple years ago when I was restoring my 1984 VT700 I would come across the Chrome editions periodically. I was able to get a chrome left side cover for my black bike which added a nice custom touch. When I saw complete chrome bikes on ebay, they did demand a higher price than the painted bikes. I seem to remember a nice chrome one for around $3000 but do not remember if it sold or not. I don't know how many they actually made so am not sure how rare they are.

Dave

Reactions: Big Shrek

·
Registered
24 Posts
I know I'm 8 years late, but anyway, I came across this post researching info on the one I just bought.

Hopefully I can find more!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ive got one im installing a stage three jet kit with open air flow with stacks and its got cobra pipes freeway bars and its low miles i had a friend it gave it to me it was just missing every bit of wiring and ive spent over 300 bucks just in electrical parts im taking the seat of and making one and im putting the bullet head light on it and adding a nitrous kit on it and changing the back tire to a 200. Im planni g to do my best to give it like that custom look but at the same time im getting alot of ideas from this bike here
20190630_075249.jpg
Screenshot_2019-08-04-22-57-19.png
in

[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
536 Posts
Pics are King ;)

Love the seat on Steveshadow1983's bike!

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought mine in 84 (700). Had the chrome kit. Tank, both side covers. They gave me original tank and side covers in the box. So it was a dealer installed kit.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts