Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All! First post for me here.

I picked up an awesome 1984 Honda Shadow that is exactly what I am looking for. After getting ready to strip and clean, I noticed a hole in the frame near the foot pegs that was kind of hidden by the exhaust. Not a problem, I could try to get a new frame.

I found a veryyyyy nice 1987 frame online for a very good price and was wondering if it would be a direct fit for the 1984 I currently have?

Honda laughed at me when I called and I compared the Vins only to see that the "JH2-RC190" is the same on both but I dont know if anything changed between the years that wouldn't fit.

Thank you in advance!

Nick

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You can use a 1983 through 1985 frame for a replacement. After '85 there are just to many differences. I did find a nice '84 for sale, not sure where you are in the US, but here.
I have one more question. Does the 83-85 frame have to be the 700cc motor? Or do they all fit the same frame? I found a parts bike that is an 1984 VT750c that I would hope to use. Mine says 700.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.