Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I just picked up a 84 Shadow vt500c cheap. It need s a few things including a seat. Can the 85-86 Shadow vt500c seat fit in the 83-84 frame? I like the taller backrest on the 85-86 bike. I will probably need the grab rail also. But my main concern is that it will bolt on without issues. I am hearing that the frames are different between the years and the seats may not bolt up.

Also, how about the VT700C seats, I would think these don't bolt in, But you won't know until you ask..

Thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Spiritman
It was mostly meant to wake up the “thread”. Since there’s always someone who has the needed info on this forum.
Funny enough, this never got an answer.
Still hoping for an answer because a buddy of mine has his hands on a seat from a ‘86 but his 500 is a ‘83.
/carstn

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
No idea and I"m not bored enough to hunt info, but if you can search out the Honda listed parts that the seat assembly bolts to such as frame, rear sub frame, fender etc. and see it they are shared or look exactly the same, same holes etc. then that might be a good indication of potential success.

There you go, one of innermost secrets of part swapping.
Be healthy, be safe and take care. (-:

·
Registered
8,247 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I looked at Bikebandit and they were quite specific about separating the years. There is a definite difference between the 83/84 and the 85/86 seats. I was surprised to see the marked differences between the 500 and 700 as well. I figured it was little more than engine size. Showed I was wrong.

·
Registered
162 Posts
I would think that anyone who has a bike this old would have to develop some kind of fabrication skills. Either that or be relentless in searching out other sources. You almost have to buy whatever is out there whether or not you need them right now.

·
Registered
8,247 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ignore the shift drum part of the add.

That ad is all screwed up. It says shift drum but in the description it says seat COVER. It says the entire seat is shown for demonstration purposes only.

·
Registered
8,247 Posts

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
That ad is all screwed up. It says shift drum but in the description it says seat COVER. It says the entire seat is shown for demonstration purposes only.
Sorry but I had more important things to do like getting my bike ready for a ride. :) Sorry you took the time to point out again what was wrong with the Ad. :giggle: So I took the time and done a proper search thru Ebay and came up with the proper Ad.

Again:

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I think the OP actually needs the entire seat... not just a cover. That's the way I read it anyway.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Sorry but I had more important things to do like getting my bike ready for a ride. :) Sorry you took the time to point out again what was wrong with the Ad. :giggle: So I took the time and done a proper search thru Ebay and came up with the proper Ad.

Again:

Sorry that you took offense to my post. My thoughts are that if the guy needs a seat, a seat cover won't do no matter how many times you post the same thing.

·
Registered
8,247 Posts
None ment or taken. All good.

I guess he did request a whole seat! My bad. :coffee:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts