Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally bit the bullet, bought a 2 gauge set with hoses, adaptors and adjustable restrictors, and broke the bike down to sync up the carbs. Remove seat, remove tank, remove snorkel, remove access screws on both carbs, attach brass adaptors, fire up bike, run for 10 minutes in driveway, adjust restrictors to minimize needle bounce, then adjust the balancing screw so both needles read about the same. I was amazed at how far off the screw was. Probably when I did a "bench sync" a couple of months ago. Once the carbs got close, the RPM went way up, so I knew I was on the right track. Set the idle lower, and then the tweaking started. I now have a good balance at idle and up to about 5K RPM. Put it all back together, and went for a test drive. The bike feels smoother, shifts a little better, and has a nice low frequency burble on deceleration. The RPM drops quicker when I let off the throttle. I will see if mileage picks up a little as well, although I'm already getting almost 50mpg as it is.

Total time: maybe an hour or so. Difficulty factor: maybe 2 out of 5.
LRM

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.