Honda Shadow Forums banner

1985 Shadow VT500 Tool Box

7K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Windwalker61 
#1 ·
I just took possession of my first bike. The seller told me that all (some? most?) of the original tools have been dumped into the fork bag. I assume that they are supposed to be actually stored in the lockable panel behind the sissy bar. If so, how? Is there a box that I am missing? And can someone tell me what tools I'm supposed to have? And, since most of the tools look grimy and somewhat rusty, how can I get clean them up?

Thanks.

...Jake

#3 ·
U mean the tool box has its own lock in addition to the lock on the panel on the back of the sissy bar? Because I do have a lockable cover on the back of the sissy bar seat. I can remove that cover and there is a recess inside where I suppose I put the tools. But do the tools just fly around since that compartment?

#7 ·
So then I do have the "tool box". What you are actually picturing here, unless our bikes are different, is the lockable panel that covers a recess in the sissy bar seat. I'm looking for the tool bag that holds all the tools that I would then put into this box.

Someone else posted a Bike Bandit link to the tool bad and the tools that are in it.

#10 ·
Yes, there are still parts from Honda for these old bikes.
Not all of the parts and not always a good price, but it is a comfort to be able to buy a new part when an old one wears out or breaks.

Also EBay exists just so I can spend my paycheck on used parts and Non-Honda parts that will fit my old bikes.

Enjoy your bike and ride safely,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.