Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On I just bought this bike it rode fine I get to home go take off down the street went to change gear and it stopped pulling what could be the issue you can fell it thump like it went in to gear

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
Did the engine die? Or just falter and hesitate and not take off?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
So the engine still had power but the gear shift didn't click into the next gear? Just revved in neutral?
Or it went in to a gear, but the clutch slipped so badly that the bike couldn't propel forward?
We need a clarification of how it felt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This is my first bike so let me see if I can clear it up the bike felt like it went into the gear but acted like it was in neutral aka didn't pull when I put it in 2nd now it doesn't pull in any gear the clutch handle fells kinda still then I belive it should but idk....but you can hear the bike clink like it went in gear

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
Many have had a similar problem. There is a very tiny return port in the bottom of the clutch master cylinder. If it gets clogged it will hold pressure in the line and the clutch can't engage.
Soak up the old fluid with a rag and look for this tiny hole.
Then run a needle or fine wire through it to clear it. Then fill with fresh fluid and give it a try.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thinks I look into it
Many have had a similar problem. There is a very tiny return port in the bottom of the clutch master cylinder. If it gets clogged it will hold pressure in the line and the clutch can't engage.
Soak up the old fluid with a rag and look for this tiny hole.
Then run a needle or fine wire through it to clear it. Then fill with fresh fluid and give it a try.
I check into that as well ty

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
question when should the radiator fan this bike when cut on as well cause I have seen or heard it turn on but haven't the bike long

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,210 Posts
Hot day siting in traffic or idling after a ride.
Make sure the radiator is compelety full when it has cooled down for best cooling performance.
And the cap should be in very good condition.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts