Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...tried ebay and searched the net....I can not find a set of front pegs for this vt700.....guy on ebay said pegs of a 86 vt500 would fit....but they don't not even close....and of course a no return policy. any suggestions..I am about to the point to try and fabricate some my self....I know there has to be some front mounts out there somewhere......:!:

·
Registered
309 Posts
Catman, can you post a picture of the old pegs with some measurements of the mount? What about going to a Honda dealer?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did not have any pegs on it when i got the bike all foot controls had be move forward attached to the front of the frame..have contacted honda deals with a100 miles and none of the carry those pegs they said they were discontinued.checked microfiche at bikebandit and it even shows the front mounting brackets for the pegs are not available...so back to searching again....will try to get pics of where they mount on they bike and measurements from hole to hole mounting.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Hi,

After a 6 month search of new and used, I gave up on finding a highway bar and pegs for my '86 VT700C. What I bought was:

Footpegs With Right Angle Mounts & Magnum? Quick Clamps | Küryakyn

to attach to the frame. Ordered them on Thursday and getting them on Tuesday (from Montreal). I will post pis and comment if they work. Cost was about $150 Canadian. Ordered through my local Honda dealer, so no S&H.

Cheers!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
the pegs are not the problem...it's the mounting brackets to mount on the bike...like say think I am just going to try and find a good microfiche picture of the mounting brackets and try and fabricate a set...I can attach the pegs from the mount brackets of the vt500 ones I got off ebay....In the picture someone moved all the controls forward with a home made highway pegs...the standard mounting bracket should go right over the top of the shifter shaft....and I need to find the original mounting brackets for a 86 shadow vt700..checked and my 86 1100 shadow they aren't even close...so until I find or create some mounting brackets no type of pegs or adapters will work.....but thanks for the help

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts