Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I had to change my fuel pump because is was leaking. Got a new fuel pump off of ebay for 1988-1997 Honda VT 600 Shadow XLV. Everything was fine when I got it. Started it and stopped it a few times to make sure it wasnt leaking and it worked fine. Then I noticed a clicking sound inside of the fuel pump. I thought it was odd, but didn't think much of it. Now when I hit my ignition theres no noise at all. I replaced my ignition fuse three times and it blows instantly. I've check for any wiring issues, but couldn't find anything. I'm beginning to think it might be related to that clicking noise in the fuel pump. Any ideas?

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
17,488 Posts
I have a 1983 750 shadow I am learning about and it has a on-demand fuel pump that only will click when the fuel pressure goes down and the carbs need more supply. So it doesn't always work until needed. It may be the same as your system. Maybe that will help. But if you think that pump is blowing the fuse, disconnect it and see if the fuse still blows. Also just hook up 2 wires to the pump from a battery source and with the output fuel line off into a container try to pump fuel to see how well it can work.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.