Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm doing something to my knowledge has never been done to this version of shadow I took a roughly stock vt800 and over a year went a long way with the help of lowbrow customs but I've reached a dead zone figuring out what type of front end I should do that will work more just a opinion type post but tell me what you think so far

Attachments

·
Registered
4,616 Posts
Nice bike! Love the king n queen seat! As for the front end if you really want to change it my vote would be for a springer.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Not my kind of thing, but I must admit it does look good.
How about a leading link front fork like an old BMW or Ural?
Quite a different look.
You would have to rig up a floating brake caliper like a disc rear brake to make it work with your wheel as they all AFAIK had drums.
I think such setups are still popular with side cars, so there might be some leads in that direction.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Im leaning towards Springer but I'm not sure if a vlx Springer will work. This bike is like a unicorn not many out there and 90% have never been modified I appreciate the love.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I like what youre doing but I have stared at these pics for quite a while trying to decide what isnt jiving for me. I think its the front end, it needs rake and apes to get the lines right

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I agree completely on it needs take and a longer front suspension but I'm not sure apes would suite this bike I don't know something think about though

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
True definitely might go that route big thing at the moment is definitely the front suspension either long forks or Springer Is what I'm trying to figure out I can achieve both but finding either to work with the stock tube is my concern

1 - 11 of 11 Posts