Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to motorcycles. I have acquired a 1994 Honda shadow vlx 600 however, the single carburetor was not hooked up when I got the bike. I am in search of a diagram that shows me where the hoses connect on the carb. Thanks, in advance

·
Registered
12,134 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Some people look at at the 2 carbs linked and bolted together as one carb, which may cause confusion.
Take a pictures of the bike in the under the tank area, in between the cylinders and carb(s) and also let us know if it in California.
That is probably the easiest way to start getting the right advice on what you have and what to do.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Diagrams are for a '98 but probably the same for your year. Below, fuel tubes and air vent tubes. The bottom pic If your carbs have water tubes. The tubes develop a bend in them so they should fit where the bend points to. It would speed up things if you post pics taken from different angles.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forum and new to motorcycles. I have acquired a 1994 Honda shadow vlx 600 however, the single carburetor was not hooked up when I got the bike. I am in search of a diagram that shows me where the hoses connect on the carb. Thanks, in advance
You guys are correct it is two carbs. my bad. however, I have a port behind the wheel holding the throttle cables that I assume needs a fuel hose connected to it. I also have a hose coming off of the fuel joint pipe, but I cant seem to be able to get it routed back behind the throttle wheel.

·
Registered
3,811 Posts
Would be so much faster if you took pics. Anyways, the screenshots below are of a '94 VT600 dual carbs. The reference arrow in the top two pics is the choke knob since the carb racks are mirror images of each other. A and B are the fuel line connections. The bottom pics are the vent tubes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts