Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I figured I'd try and figure out the mounting of bag bracket while she sits dormant in my shop.... She's pretty much naked and I see NO WHERE to bolt up some bag mounts on the rear tail, maybe one hole, that's it. Is it not possible to put bags on the early models of the VLX600?? I've been researching on-line and coming out empty handed. Please, if anyone here has/had a 88-98 vlx600C, please chime in.

Otherwise... Replacing my rear reflectors with same size amber LED's and removing the factory ones for a more sleek look, replacing the license plate bulb with a hyper white led as well.

Had some drive-ability issues over the summer; bogging, backfiring through air box and inconsistent start up ease.... Going from suggestions from friends in my club, I think I found the problem... Both hoses from the airbox to carbs were loose (one way more than the other), so it was bypassing the airbox. Going to try simply securing them proper and see if that fixes the drive-ability issue.

·
Premium Member
11,278 Posts
While the bike is in it's current naked state, you may want to consider fabricating some brackets that would come from underneath the fender from that part that's over the rear tire. Just a thought.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I think I can use the ones that were given to me by drilling one hole in the frame and bending the mounts slightly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts