Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, my brake lights are working but my tail running light is not.....i took this apart and both lights are working for the brakes, am i missing something......any input would be appreciated. thanks.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,529 Posts
Fuse, bulb, wiring connection, ground wire corrosion.Tail fuse is not the same as brake on many bikes.
Does anything else not work? The fuses usually have several circuits.

·
Registered
106 Posts
When you say both lights, do you have two bulbs or do you mean brake light works when separately activating both front and rear brakes? I have one bulb that serves as brake and tail light. It hasn't happen on my bike but has on my old jeep tail lights where one filament in the bulb works and the other is no good. If you have the same type on your bike it could be as simple as replacing the bulb

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
14,529 Posts
Some of the models do have twin brake/tail lights in the rear. That surprised me too .
But the brakes are one wire(green/yellow) and the tail is a different wire (brown)from the tail and meter fuse through the switches.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same problem on my 04. Took the seat off to discover that the male fitting for the wire was disconnected from the female fitting. It should be a brownish orange wire.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuse, bulb, wiring connection, ground wire corrosion.Tail fuse is not the same as brake on many bikes.
Does anything else not work? The fuses usually have several circuits.
Thank you i will follow wiring and see if all connections are good and look at fuses.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Some of the models do have twin brake/tail lights in the rear. That surprised me too .
But the brakes are one wire(green/yellow) and the tail is a different wire (brown)from the tail and meter fuse through the switches.
Thank you follow wiring!!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problem on my 04. Took the seat off to discover that the male fitting for the wire was disconnected from the female fitting. It should be a brownish orange wire.
Thanks it is a help for sure

1 - 8 of 8 Posts