Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed some Vance and Hines straight shots and did the dynojet stage one rejet. The bike sounds awesome. I did the holesaw mod previously and was content with that over the stock sound (or lack thereof). I wanted something that sounded a little deeper and a little meaner and the V&H did more than I could hoped for in that respect.

The rejet went off without a hitch for the most part. Between the Hanes manual, instructions from Dynojet, and the info on this site it was a piece of cake....just took a long time as I didn't want to rush because sometimes my automotive skills aren't always the best.

I do have one question for any of the gurus that might be willing to help. I have a K&N air filter in the stock box and the V&H pipes With Baffles installed. I installed the 170 main jets into the carbs and the bike runs strong and hard at WOT. Upon returning from my new love affair with my bike I noticed a very fine thin layer of black soot on the inside of the pipes. Am I running too rich? Should I downsize the main jets to the "recommended" 165s? The a/f mixture at idle is fine.

Cheers!

·
Registered
748 Posts
If she's performing and sounding good then leave her alone. Better to be a tad rich (runs cooler=good) than lean (runs hot=bad). If you like you could go down a size and see what happens or maybe try a heat range hotter plug. See if your mileage has changed. If it's still respectable, I'd leave her alone and ride that bi1ch!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts