Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to replace my seat, and got it narrowed down to the saddleman ecplorer and the corbin gunfighter and lady. I was looking for some input from riders as to their thoughts. I had a corbin solo once and loved it, but mama wasent thrilled with the passenger pillon. The gunfighter and lady looks like the passenger seat is a little better. I have never talked to anyone or seen the saddleman except for pictures. Your inputs would be great

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
if your looking for more of a tour seat, I would recommend a mustang. If your looking for a cooler looking seat though, I'd say a saddleman profiler.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Put her butt on a Mustang! If mama ain't happy....you know the rest.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I had both the Explorer and the Corbin on my 97 ACE 1100. The Corbin didn't last 100 miles....to me it was very uncomfortable. Made my feet tingle like they were falling asleep. Seemed to cut off circulation to my legs.
The Saddleman was better but still not very comfortable, especially on longer rides. Mine had the gel inserts which helped, but let it sit in the sun for a little bit and the seat got extremely hot. Seemed the gel was heating up. Used to have to put a towel over the seat to help cut down the sun rays....a PITA.
I then got a Mustang wide vitage touring seat. So much better than the other two. Rode long distances with no "butt burn." Much better for the passenger too. I agree with the others, Mustang is the best by far.

·
Registered
236 Posts
I run the stang on my 98 ACE 1100. Ms. kingham loves it. Unfortunately, the seats you are talking about have the sleak/sexy look, but that look just isn't real conducive to passenger comfort.

·
Registered
1999 VT1100C2 A. C. E.
9,222 Posts
Got a deal on the Saddleman Explorer so that's what I'm using. After some break-in during the first couple of hundred miles, I found it to be MUCH better than the stock seat -- primarily from the "pocket" of support. My wife found the pillion just a bit more comfortable than the stock one right away -- but she's only got about 50 miles of riding on it. (She got her endorsement and her own bike about 6 weeks after I got the Explorer.)

The driver's seating position is slightly higher and more forward than on the stock seat so I find myself riding about 1" taller versus the windshield than I was. The front of the seat "falls away" more quickly than the stock one so there's less under my thighs -- but that probably increases comfort after you get used to the feeling.

Having never even tried a Corbin or Mustang, I can offer no comparisons.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts