Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure if this belongs here or in the technical area. Please move if need be.

I have a question about a throttle lock on a 1998 Ace 750. I am considering putting one on my bike and I saw a hole on the bottom of the throttle mechanism. What is this hole for? Has anyone tried putting threads in this hole and putting a bolt in the hole to hold your throttle open (cruise control)? (Like a Harley's throttle lock.)

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
Zman said:
I am not sure if this belongs here or in the technical area. Please move if need be.

I have a question about a throttle lock on a 1998 Ace 750. I am considering putting one on my bike and I saw a hole on the bottom of the throttle mechanism. What is this hole for? Has anyone tried putting threads in this hole and putting a bolt in the hole to hold your throttle open (cruise control)? (Like a Harley's throttle lock.)
That hole is to drain the moisture out of the throttle assembly. I wouldn't try tapping it if I were you...you could interfere with the throttle movement...and I don't think you want to do that.

I have used the Vista Cruise Universal Throttle Lock on my bikes. They fit over the grip and attached to the handlebars on the other side of the housing.

The other styles require that you have sufficient gap between the throttle grip and the throttle housing. The units that fit the Hondas use the twin throttle cables to "lock" the throttle lock in place. This doesn't give a truly tight fit.

I picked up my Throttle Lock from WingThings-Texas.com but a quick search of their new website didn't turn them up. You can try your local Honda Dealer, the price should be around $40 at the dealer. I got mine for about $25 from WingThings.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Spirit_1100 said:
I have used the Vista Cruise Universal Throttle Lock on my bikes. They fit over the grip and attached to the handlebars on the other side of the housing. .
Good as gold. That is what I use.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys! I did a Buy It Now off eBay today on the Universal Vista Cruise. $34 including shipping. About the best deal I have found. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts