Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, has anyone put a 19T front sprocket on for a little extra top end speed?

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
It looks like I can barely fit a piece of paper in between the shift rod and the stock front sprocket on my ace. Your best bet is getting a smaller rear sprocket.

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
Answer: No. Everybody changed the rear, not the front.

·
Super Moderator
6,530 Posts
Can't do it. As others have said, the shifter shaft is so close to the sprocket, you can't go larger.

Phil

·
Registered
18,127 Posts
This reminds me...
I need to check that front sprocket on my ACE ;)

I ain`t gotta remove the shifter linkage to access mine ;) :D

I received a Christophers Christmas gift several years back and recently installed the Nearly new rear, to make it through "hard times"...
But as long as I got the cover off, I`ll put the nozzle of the pressure washer in there to clean the built up crud...

·
Registered
9,266 Posts
This reminds me...

I received a Christophers Christmas gift several years back and recently installed the Nearly new rear, to make it through "hard times"...
But as long as I got the cover off, I`ll put the nozzle of the pressure washer in there to clean the built up crud...
Just be careful not to blow water past the shift seal into the crankcase. You could end up with a watered down crankcase. Those pressure sprayers can put water where you don't need it!

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
This reminds me...

No, use WD-40, itll clean the gunk and not ruin anything behind it.

·
Premium Member
8,072 Posts
Spray Gunk Engine Cleaner in the area you want to clean with the engine cold. Wait about 5 minutes then wash off with a garden hose. No high pressure needed.

Just remember to re-oil your chain.

·
Registered
2,685 Posts
Engine cleaner might ruin the o-rings on the chain, WD-40 wont.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts