Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im pretty much a novice when it comes to motorcycle work. I got 2 probs that have me stumped. Had to take off the clutch lifter on my 1100 and when i put it back on, the handlebar lever doesnt pull itself back anymore. Im sure i have that spring in the right place. So did i mess up the adjustment somehow?
The gearshift link is a whole different beast tho. I completely need a new one it seems. If ive been looking at stuff right, do i just need to go through the left crank case and the flywheel to replace that and whats the best thing to get the flywheel off. Not gonna lie, ive tried and failed. Thanks in advance. And if anyone has one they wanna sell for cheap, i wouldnt be against it.

·
Registered
2001 Valkyrie I/S
5,620 Posts
Not sure what you mean by the clutch lifter. As far as shift linkage are you speaking about the shift fork? The linkage is an adjustable rod on the outside connected to your shift level. @swifty2014 has posted a number of times about the shift fork.

https://www.hondashadow.net/forum/72-technical-discussion/569304-1985-vt700-won-t-shift-down-shifter-won-t-press-down.html

Your a newb to this so we don't expect you to have all the terminology down so don't be afraid to ask and we will ask back to clarifiy.

·
Registered
1983 Honda vt750 Shadow
13,506 Posts
Other guys will know your bike better than me, but here is the reinstall of the clutch lifter from the manual.
And if the shifter had been working fine before work done, you probably don't need to replace it, just reset the teeth as mentioned above.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To Swifty. Yea. I wanna say i had it reinstalled back exactly like that. Tho, that area of my bike looks like it got into a fight with something and lost badly. There was some type of filling around it so maybe removing that messed with it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts