Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve had a hard time working on my bike diagnosing a lot of car issues, found one of a few. It’s a air cut off, the diaphragms tore, so went to find one and can find one up to a 2001 ace but not a 2002 like mine. It looks identical, my question though is there much difference in the carbs where it shouldn’t fit? All balls 46-4026 says 98-01 but mines a 02. Now I did find one from 2002-2007 all balls 46-4027 shadow VT750DCA would that work since it’s the years but not model? I’m lost in the sauce on this one.

·
Premium Member
1999 Shadow 750 ACE VT750CD3 Modified
2,419 Posts
There was a running carburetor change in 2001 production, but the part seems to stay the same for all years of the vt750cd, see the listing below.
It seems all the Chinese manufactured air cut kits for the 750CD seem to stop at 1998 to 2001, this would make me wonder if it is just a labeling thing and they maybe all come from the same supplier?
Partzilla's Honda listing show this for the whole for 1998 to 2003 assembly: Honda 16048-MBA-600 - VALVE SET, AIR CUT | Partzilla.com this would make me think the diaphragm and spring rebuild kit should be the same for all years too.

FWIW I agree the VT750DC parts do look exactly the same but Honda has a different part number for them, maybe a different spring or pin length or maybe nothing other than a number, they have been known to do that.

I've never used All-Balls carb stuff so I can't comment on the quality.

Edit: a further back-up on the parts coverage BTW Keyster stuff is IME good.

·
Premium Member
2015 Shadow Aero, 1972 Triumph 650 Tiger
744 Posts
Maybe you should take out your micrometer/caliper and do some measurements.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would but I had an electric caliper and it was broke so I couldn’t at the time. Ended up using siriusconinc.com they are out of Canada but had the best price.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts