Honda Shadow Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 2001 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C. I'm pretty stoked to have a bigger bike to ride. My other bike is a 1983 Honda Shadow VT750 which was just too small for me to ride comfortably. Not to mention when my wife and I tried to ride it... I'm around 300lbs and i'm around 6' tall, so rides were not comfortable at all.

The bike is in decent condition, and it came with a highway bar, pegs, and a windshield. It also has a luggage rack on the back. The one thing I really want to put on it is a pair of hard saddle bags. Does anybody know a good resource for these besides the usual (ebay, jc whitney, dennis kirk, motorcycle superstore)?

Also, does anybody have an online copy of the manual? I haven't found one yet.

I also wanted to note that the biggest factor in me buying another Shadow is this community. It truly has been the best resource for me when trying to troubleshoot what was wrong with my older bike, and the amount of knowledge in this community is endless.

Thank you all!
Doug

·
Premium Member
4,592 Posts
best of luck with the new bike Doug. :)

·
Premium Member
2,129 Posts
I just bought a 2001 Honda Shadow Spirit VT1100C. I'm pretty stoked to have a bigger bike to ride. My other bike is a 1983 Honda Shadow VT750 which was just too small for me to ride comfortably. Not to mention when my wife and I tried to ride it... I'm around 300lbs and i'm around 6' tall, so rides were not comfortable at all.

The bike is in decent condition, and it came with a highway bar, pegs, and a windshield. It also has a luggage rack on the back. The one thing I really want to put on it is a pair of hard saddle bags. Does anybody know a good resource for these besides the usual (ebay, jc whitney, dennis kirk, motorcycle superstore)?

Also, does anybody have an online copy of the manual? I haven't found one yet.

I also wanted to note that the biggest factor in me buying another Shadow is this community. It truly has been the best resource for me when trying to troubleshoot what was wrong with my older bike, and the amount of knowledge in this community is endless.

Thank you all!
Doug
Check out the sticky thread...http://www.hondashadow.net/forum/53-general-bike-discussion/122856-honda-service-manuals.html
Welcome aboard! Eagle

·
Registered
354 Posts
Well there ya go man. Sounds like a good bike to graduate up to. Guess we'll see around then!

·
Registered
174 Posts
Nice bike i have one and it's great Check out the Viking bags but if you are going to install them yourself go on line for help the instructions that come with the bags are very poor. Again you'll realy like the bags

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I went from the 600 VLX to the 1100 VT Sabre. Great step up. You'll love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts