Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just transfered the title over on a 2001 Shadow ACE DLX to my name from my friend who sold it to me. Anyway, it's 50 degrees here in Chicago and I've been dizzy with anticipation in taking her out for a spin around the block. So I'm in my gear, helmet and gloves in hand and the bike won't start. It's been sitting in my garage all winter. It turns over once and then all I hear is a rapid clicking noise. So my bud thinks that the battery is low so I went out to pick up a battery charger from a local motorcycle shop. To make a long story longer, I have no idea how to access the battery!!! The manual is out in the burbs at my friends house and I'm dying to get this thing up and running. Any help will be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Mitch

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Unscrew the bolt that is at the back of the rear seat. Then remove the rear seat. This is done by pushing it forward. Push it pretty hard and it will pop loose (make sure the bike is not in neutral just to be safe). Once you have the back seat off there is another bolt holding on the front seat. Remove it and the front seat just lifts off. You will see a black plastic cover with 3 screws in it. The battery is under this cover.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!! Got it charging. I couldn't figure out how to remove the battery however, so I'm charging in on the bike. Kinda a pain in the ass but, it's all good.
Mitch

·
Registered
168 Posts
CBOLLING said:
I had to buy a new battery last week. I was able to remove my old one by grabbing the posts with pliers. One pair in each hand and just lift it up.
Hope those were insulated pliers...or the battery was totally dead!

Doing that with metal pliers on a good battery is a great way to send 12V right across your heart!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts