Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I recently bought an 2001 VT1100C3 Aero. The previous owner put a V&H Straight Shot exhaust system on it and did not keep the stock one. It is too loud for my taste and I am having trouble locating a stock exhaust system for it on Ebay. If anyone on here has the stock system I would gladly buy it and pay for whatever shipping. I don't care for chrome so if the heat shields are damaged or missing it is not a big deal. If there are leaks I can also repair those.

Thanks for viewing.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
You might try some lollipop baffles as they are cheap and adjustable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice. If I cannot quiet it down with different baffles enough I will try this. Will this also help with the popping that I hear when decelerating? It is my understanding that is due to incorrectly jetted carbs and I believe changing the back pressure will help this? I'm sure the guy i got it from didn't get the carbs re-jetted when he put the new exhaust on.

·
Registered
12,806 Posts
Not sure how it will affect decel popping. It would be good to find out for future reference.

·
Premium Member
7,032 Posts
If the popping isn't too crazy, you can tweek the mix a bit by backing out your A/F screw 1/4 turn or so. If you change to screw setting, gently turn it in to find out your how many turns out it presently is. That way, if it doesn't fix your issue, you can return it to where you started. What are you running for air intake/filter? Still stock or modified? Also make sure your exhaust flanges are properly torqued at the head.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently purchased an 1100 Sabre with the stick exhaust that I would love to swap for straight pipes. Anywhere near central Ohio ? :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts