Honda Shadow Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need a front fender for the 2001 spirit 750. Used is more than new and new is 3-4 months. I was wondering has anyone tried to fit a different Honda fender ? Specially 2005 vlx 600. $50 on kijiji near me.

thanks

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
I put a 1978 Goldwing on my 01 Shadow Spirit. Not a bolt up but if you like the looks of a particular fender you can fab some brackets and make it work. (y)

You can also use a Sportster style fender. need longer bolts and a thicker spacer. Had one on before the wing fender.

Reactions: h13man

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
You can see the aluminum blocks used for spacers in this pic.
This was the Harley style fender.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
OK bought the fender. Close to fitting. Seems the 2001 750 spirit forks are wider than the 2005 vlx 600

·
Registered
2001 Shadow Spirit 750
298 Posts
If it lines up with the mounting holes and clears the tire when it's not sitting on the other fender, you should be able to make a pair of spacers to take up the space. Zoom in on my pic and you will see an example. One side will be a bit narrower due to the bracket on the left side.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I’m going to take the bracket off and see how tight the fender is. I think I will need to be up a bout 3/4 to 1 inch. Then out to fill space. Other option is to cut fender mount down to use stock bracket. I would need to drill and tap new holes. Much more involved and easier for me to screw it up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts